252 Rue du Château
Tourism in Burgundy - Cultural activities
The 4-star Château d’Igé lies in the heart of Burgundy, which boasts an extensive and beautiful cultural, historic and even prehistoric heritage.
Thus, many visits and tourism circuits can be found nearby:
- 12 km away, visit to Cluny, the main town in the Middle Ages, with its Abbey and the national stud farm.
- In Tournus (25 km) visit to the famous Romanesque Abbey Church of Saint-Philibert (11th and 12th century), Hôtel Dieu and the Greuze Museum.
- The Romanesque churches circuit (10th, 11th, 12th and 13th century) of Mâconnais (within a 25 km radius of Igé) and of Charolais Brionnais (60 km); 250 Romanesque churches in Saône-et-Loire. Visit to the very typical medieval village of Brancion.
- Visit to the Chapel of Domange: an 11th century chapel located in Igé (restored in 2009).
- Visit to the castles of Cormatin (17th century) 25 km away, Drée (17th and 18th century) 57 km away and Ferté (18th century) 50 km away.
- Visit to the famous site of Solutré (20,000 to 16,000 BC) and its museum (16 km away).
- Visit to the prehistoric caves of Azé, where a skull of a panthera leo spelaea was found as well as extraordinary concentration of cave bear skeletons. Visit to the caves of Blanot (7 km).
- Within a 25 km radius, the "Lamartine" circuit.
Tourism in Burgundy - Wine activities
- Located between Cluny et Mâcon, in the heart of the Mâcon vineyards, Igé benefits from a chalky-clay subsoil that is ideal for white wine and a silica-clay subsoil that is favourable for red wine (Georges Blanc vineyard in Azenay 4 minutes away - 4 km).
- Mâconnais and Beaujolais wines circuit.
- Tasting at Winemakers.
- Vine and Wine Museum in Romanèche-Thorins.
- Wine Museum at the Château de la Greffière in Verzé (5 km).
Tourism in Burgundy - Sports activities
- Walks departing from the château.
- Tree-climbing circuit in Lugny (12 km).
- Bicycle rides: The blueway is a 180 km long cycle route between Mâcon (Saône-et-Loire) and Heuillez-sur-Saône (Côte-d’Or).
- The greenway: a 120 km cycle route through Saône-et-Loire (passes Roche Vineuse 8 km from Igé).
- Bicycles can be rented at the castle on prior reservation.
- Mâcon La Salle 18-hole golf course is 12 km away and the 18-hole Commanderie golf course is 26 km away.
- Horse riding can be organised 5 km from Igé.