Tourism in Saone et Loire
Hotel located on road of Maconnais and Beaujolais wines
Our region of Burgundy has a rich and fine cultural heritage, historic and even prehistoric.
Our region of Burgundy has a rich and fine cultural heritage, historic and even prehistoric:
- 12 km away, visit the Abbaye de Cluny, the national stud farm and the walled city, a marvel of the Middle Ages.
- In Tournus (25 km) visit the famous Romanesque abbey-church of Saint Philibert (11th-12th centuries), the Hôtel Dieu and the Greuze Museum).
- Tour of the Romanesque churches (10th, 11th, 12th and 13th centuries) of the Mâconnais (within 25 km of Igé) and of the Charollais Brionnais (60 km); 250 Romanesque churches in the Saône-et-Loire. Visit the typical medieval village of Brancion.
- Visit the Domange chapel, an 11th-century chapel located in Igé and restrored in 2009.
- Visit the châteaux of Cormantin (17th century, 25 km), Drée (17th-18th centuries, 57 km) and La Ferté (18th century, 50 km).
- Visit the famous site of Solutré (20,000-16,000 years BCE), its museum, and 5 km on, the prehistoric caves in Azé, where the skull of a cave lion and an extraordinary concentrations of skeletons of cave bears (1,000) have been found.
- In a 25-km radius, take the Lamartine tour, named after the locally born 19th-century Romantic poet and politician "O temps, suspend ton vol... "